We have an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled Preparation Controller who can work as a key member of the Preparation Management Team.
The Preparation Controllers core role is:
To ensure team motivation, personal development of the team, effective competence development, succession planning and employee engagement.
To plan, drive & efficiently manage the process and vehicle flow to and from all departments: Cosmetic Inspection, Workshop, Bodyshop, Smart, Chips Away, Dent & Valet.
To ensure that all departments are pre-loaded with vehicles, Departmental Managers are working in line with Available Car quality standards & process and all preparation work is completed to customer handover & retail time critical schedules.
Your duties will include:
- Provide customer experience focussed management and planning to all Preparation Departmental Managers and ensure Available Car process, procedure and quality standards are adhered to at all times.
- Plan, manage & pre-load all preparation departmental vehicles & work flows.
- Carry out regular process and quality reviews with your Preparation Manager & Preparation Assistant Manager to identify operational issues / discrepancies and ensure appropriate follow up actions are taken to rectify.
- Manage the performance of all preparation departments to ensure that KPI targets are achieved.
- Support the Departmental Managers to ensure work specifications are completed in a timely manner.
- Hold weekly production meetings to plan workload and resources, review identified issues from previous works and identify appropriate solutions consistent with Available Car quality and process.
- Anticipate production problems based on forward plan / resources and provide active support to handle workload.
- Monitor staff performance versus standard role requirements and personal objectives and identify areas for development.
- Perform periodic competence assessments using agreed process for all staff within area of responsibility and produce plans to address competence issues.
- Ensure appropriate training and support is provided on a timely basis to bridge competency gaps identified.
- Assist the Preparation Management team to plan, report and control efficiency and all lost & non available hours in line with KPI’s.
- Experience of leading teams, to be able to engage, empower, lead and motivate the team in their daily activities, to be able to coach and provide support and guidance to your team to achieve their objectives.
- To be able to work in an organised & methodical manner ensuring that all daily tasks are completed.
- To be able to understand & analyse operational issues & propose appropriate solutions.
- Thorough understanding of CDK Drive.
- The application of standard repair times.
- Knowledge of preparation KPI’s.
- To have excellent communication skills at all levels both written and verbally
- Flexible and positive approach to changing workload and priorities
- Attention to detail & multi-tasking – To be able to adapt your approach to ensure that changing daily demands are met whilst remaining level headed in a fast paced working environment and to be able to remain calm and logical in a dynamic business environment.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company Pension
- Free onsite parking
- Opportunity to progress within a forward-thinking family business
If this is you, we would love to hear from you, so please email your CV.
To apply for this or any other position at AvailableCar or just to register your CV with us, please complete the application form.