The Customer may exchange the Available Car Ltd Approved Used Vehicle referred to above (the ‘Original Vehicle’) for a different vehicle (the ‘Exchange Vehicle’) if the criteria and terms referred to below are met. This agreement does not affect the Customer’s statutory rights.
1. The price of the Exchange Vehicle must be the same as or more than the price of the Original Vehicle. If the price of the Exchange Vehicle is more than the price of the Original Vehicle, it is the higher price that the Customer must pay. The Customer must also pay, prior to exchange, any other costs incurred in the exchange process (such as fuel costs).
2. If the purchase of the Original Vehicle was funded by finance, the Customer must take the steps required by the finance company (for example, payment of any early repayment or cancellation charges) and Available Car Ltd to terminate the finance agreement. Available Car Ltd will send the money paid by the finance company for the purchase of the Original Vehicle back to the finance company.
3. If the purchase of the Exchange Vehicle is to be funded by finance, the Customer will need to make a new application for finance. Further credit checks may be required, which could affect the Customer’s credit rating.
4. The Original Vehicle must be returned by the Customer to the Available Car Ltd branch that sold the Original Vehicle (the ‘Branch’) within 30 days of delivery to (or collection by) the Customer of the Original Vehicle.
5. The Exchange Vehicle must be available for immediate exchange at the Branch on the day that the Original Vehicle is returned. An Exchange Vehicle will be considered available for immediate exchange if it is in stock at the Branch, physically at the Branch and if the Exchange Vehicle has been serviced by Available Car Ltd, with all of Available Car Ltd’s standard mechanical and body checks having been completed.
6. On the date that the Original Vehicle is returned to the Branch: a) the mileage of the Original Vehicle must not have increased since its delivery to (or collection by) the Customer by more than 1,000 miles; b) the Original Vehicle must be in the same condition as it was when delivered/collected. Reasonable wear and tear since delivery/collection will not prevent the exchange, although the Branch must be satisfied that any change in condition is due to reasonable wear and tear.
7. The Customer must: a) be a private individual, who purchased the Original Vehicle for personal use. Exchanges will not be permitted if the Customer is a trade purchaser or if the Original Vehicle was purchased to resell; b) be the person who purchased the Original Vehicle from Available Car Ltd, be the registered keeper and be entitled to exchange the Original Vehicle for the Exchange Vehicle, without seeking the permission of any third party; c) ensure that motor insurance is in place for the Exchange Vehicle and that any roadside recovery provider has been notified of the exchange, effective from the date of the exchange.
8. The Branch may require that the Customer demonstrate, to the Branch’s satisfaction, that the terms and criteria listed above are met.
This Exchange agreement only applies to the Available Car Ltd Approved Used Car as detailed above. Only one exchange will be considered and this Exchange agreement shall not apply to any Replacement Car. This Exchange Plan does not affect any of the Customer’s statutory rights.
We abide by the terms of The Consumer Contracts (Information Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which can be viewed here.